2008年12月30日 星期二

陳瑾華

陳瑾華 Jean Lee (Jin-hua Chen) December 6, 2008

Back row: Steven, Marcus
Front row: Laura, Michelle (holding Trevor), Conway (h/Eva), T.Y., Jean (h/Brandon), Jennifer (h/Ethan), Laura’s dad

Dear Biology 10 classmates,

It was exactly 40 years ago that we graduated from Tunghai. I felt that I have somewhat achieved the status of “antique” when I told people about this milestone! It was also the year of 1968 that I came to the US for graduate studies and stayed for the next four decades. It is amazing to note that I have spent 2/3 of my life here and only 1/3 in Taiwan. My heart is full of gratitude to God for my loving family (3 children, their spouses, 4 grandchildren and counting…) and for His provision of material needs (from 2 suitcases to what we have now). But you, my friends, will forever be an important part of my life!

After a few years of declining health, my father left us to be with his beloved heavenly Father.
My parents came to the US to live (first near us and then with us) 20 years ago and left a major impact to us. When I pass the empty bedroom he occupied, I still miss him profoundly.

After my father’s departure, T.Y. and I were able to visit our daughter, Jennifer, and her husband Marcus who are serving as missionaries in Burkina Faso in West Africa. Marcus is involved with the IV/AIDS work and Jennifer in children/youth ministry. Burkina is the 3rd poorest country in the world they both have suffered from diseases (malaria, giardia, shingles, etc.), but they are still joyous ecause of clear vision and God’s calling. Our visit was unforgettable because we have never been to frica and witnessed firsthand the poverty and tremendous lack of resources there. It is unthinkable toknow that children are still dying of malaria simply because people can’t afford to buy the medicines. There is a lot of money contributed by other countries, but the corrupted government took most of it.BTW, Burkina Faso still has diplomatic relations with Taiwan. Jennifer is expecting their 1st baby next.February. Please let me know if you are interested in contributing to their work there.

Our oldest son, Conway, and his wife Michelle purchased a house in Millburn and moved there with their 2 children, Trevor (3 1/2) and Eva (2). He still works for the NYSE as an attorney. They are expecting their 3rd baby next February. Steven, our 2nd son, and Laura also bought a house in Livingston and live there with their 2 children, Brandon (2) and Ethan (6 mo.). He works for the French investment company, Societie Generale, in NYC and is feeling the pressure from the economic downturn.

T.Y. and I are busy with caring for our grandchildren…we dedicated 2 days each week as
“grandparents’ day”. It is a blessing that we can enjoy our grandchildren, really. We continue to be very involved with our church particularly in caring ministry. We are at least “older” if not “wiser”. There are so any families experiencing difficulties in marriages, family relationships, emotional problems and illnesses; e want to help and bring some hope and love to them.

Merry Christmas and Happy 2009 !!!



Jean

1 則留言:

  1. It is such a blessing to read your happiness in between words of gratitude, apparently toward loving families and the god of heaven. Thanks for the optimism of live you care to share here.

    回覆刪除